Friday, May 25, 2007

Caffeine-Free Diet Pepsi

It's been approximately 1,000 years since I wrote in this thing for two reasons: I've been busy enjoying the things that make me happy and I'm also super lazy.

Yesterday I quit sugar, and I don't mean entirely because that would be impossible. I mean eating candy, pop, chocolate, Froot Loops - that kind of thing. I'm still eating ketchup, dammit. I didn't realize how much of an effect this would have on me physically. I have NO appetite and could kill everyone for fun and laugh at the blood spurting out of you all. There is one lone beverage in this world saving me right now, and it is Caffeine-free Diet Pepsi.

I can't have caffeine, and haven't had any in a very very long time, and I don't super miss it anymore. I don't really like Sprite or 7-UP normally, let alone in diet form and it's difficult to find diet ginger ale. And I miss my colas, I must admit. I was a Dr. Pepper addict for a very long time. I suspect if I had one now my heart would explode from three things all at once: the caffeine, the sugar, and the happiness.

Will is a total Diet Pepsi freak, and we discovered a while ago that their caffeine-free version is pretty darn tasty. So that's what I'm drinking right this minute. I think we should all give a silent thanks to it for keeping me from killing everyone I can get my grubby little hands on, and for making my mouth happy.

No comments: